Would you like to be part of our inspiring team who is dedicated to innovate surgery and improving lives by developing a microsurgical robot device?
At Microsure in Eindhoven, we are developing a new first-of-a-kind 6-DOF microsurgery robot called MUSA. The high-end development of this robot brings together all technical disciplines: mechanical, electrical and software engineering.
WHY WE NEED YOU
The C++ Software Engineer is an important role within Microsure. You are an enthusiastic Software Engineer who likes to get things done in a friendly, hardworking, multicultural start-up environment. You are going to be part of a software team with eight talented engineers that develop Linux-side and firmware-side software under medical software regulations.
Our robot has a central control unit running on a Linux real-time computer that coordinates all
functionality and is connected to a series of STM32-based firmware nodes in different parts of the
robot, such as motor units or GUIs. The software team is supported by other disciplines such as DevOps, risk management and requirement management.
YOUR KEY TASKS
- Developing OO C++ code (C++ 20)
- Doing code review for other developers
- Discussing design ideas and architecture with the team
- Developing Unit Tests
- Developing test code to support the verification team
- Documenting your design decisions and architecture
- Assisting in developing scripts for example automation, build scripts or our Build Server
- You have 4+ years of work experience as a C++ developer, including OOA/OOD principles.
- You can work in SCRUM teams with a DevOps setup, including a build server and Ci/CD environment (Jira, Bitbucket and Jenkins).
- You preferably have experience in developing software that interfaces with embedded electronics and firmware. Preferably specifically with STM-platforms and using etherCAT.
- You’re familiar with developing for Linux, and preferably Ubuntu and Beckhoff industrial PCs.
- Familiarity with real-time or time-critical systems, such as Linux real-time OS variants, is appreciated.
- Highly appreciated is if you’re familiar with test (verification) development software such as VectorCAST or Google Test.
- Appreciated is if you have experience in developing software in a medical (IEC-62304), or different regulated, environment.
- You are a team player and can collaborate respectfully with other C++ engineers
- A hands-on mentality where you are eager to develop and test your software on our (physical) robot test setup
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken)
- Enthusiasm for working in a start-up environment with dynamic requirements
- Positive attitude, can-do mentality, and flexible
We welcome you to a challenging job with:
- 32-40 hours per week
- Possibility of working from home
- 25 holidays (fulltime), with option to buy up to 10 (fulltime) additional days
- Stock Option plan
- Stimulating innovative environment with great opportunities for growth
- Salary between 58 – 72K depending on working experience
If you are interested, please submit your application with motivation and CV before 15 April 2023
to Hadewij van der Kooij (HR Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information feel free to contact Andre Kleibeuker (Software Architect)