Would you like to contribute to the wellbeing of patients, by creating an innovative microsurgical robot? You could be part of our inspiring team, which is dedicated to innovate surgery by developing a microsurgical robot device.
At Microsure in Eindhoven, we are developing a new first-of-a-kind microsurgery robot. By reducing the tremor and scaling down the movements of the surgeon, we aim to provide better surgical outcome.
Do you recognize yourself in or feel affinity with our company core values?
We Care, We Innovate, We are Confident, We are Open, We are Diverse and Inclusive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
The Control Engineer is an essential role within Microsure: Ensuring that the robot arms move quickly, reliably and with pinpoint accuracy to a desired location is the mission of the Control Team. The team is driven to solve many challenges such as singularity avoidance and forward kinematics. The Control Team works closely together with the Software Team.
You are a pro-active engineer who likes to get things done in a friendly, hardworking, international start-up environment. You like (and understand to sufficient extent) the various technical disciplines related to robotic control development such as embedded software, mechanics. You can communicate on technical topics with all these teams.
YOUR KEY TASKS
• You develop Matlab, Simulink models together with other control engineers
• You discuss design ideas and architecture with other developers in the team
• You document your design decisions and architecture as required for a medical device
• You support the implementation of your models in commercial (C++) medical device software, working closely together with the SW engineers
• You are a team player and can collaborate with Linux, Firmware and Mechanical engineers
• You will work in a SCRUM environment
• You have a background in control system engineering / robotics, and 3-5 years of work experience as Control Engineer
• While your main experience is in control systems, you also understand C++ development
• You have worked before in teams with multiple disciplines, focused on product development
• You master the various Mathworks products and toolboxes
• You are pro-active, pragmatic and have a product-realization mindset
• You can develop iteratively: your models are tested by end users, and you use your performance findings to further perfect your control models
• You have developed control models for robotics before and are familiar with concepts such as FOC and Inverse Kinematics
• Appreciated if you have experience in work in a medical software environment (under IEC- 62304), or different regulated, environment
• Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken)
• Enthusiasm for working in a start-up environment with dynamic requirements
• Positive attitude, can-do mentality, and flexible
We welcome you to a challenging job.
• 32-40 hours per week
• Flexibility in working hours and work location (hybrid)
• Competitive salary
• 25 holidays (fulltime), with option to buy up to 10 (fulltime) additional days
• Stock Option plan
• Company-provided weekly fresh fruit box and a diversity of snacks
• Attractive company culture with lot of fun events
• Stimulating innovative environment with great opportunities for growth
If you are interested, please submit your application with motivation and CV to Dick Dijkkamp (CTO)